Friday, February 8, 2013

Someone's Horsing Around at the Lasagna Factory


Hi! You said something about having me for dinner? Oh, wait...

Though I've eaten plenty of so-called meat products that could have actually been made of horse (such as the McRib and most of what they served in my high school cafeteria), no actual horse products (or, shudder, byproducts) have ever been discovered.

Across the pond in the UK, where I'm told they like to boil or fry everything, revolting revelations reveal that 11 meals sold by the Swedish frozen-food company Findus, contained "between 60% and 100% horsemeat," thanks to its French meat supplier, Comigel.

Not a win, place, or show kind of day for any of those brands, as well as the stores that sold the products.


The brand is probably pronounced "FIN-dus," but I can't help but think it's pronounced "FIND-us," as in "Try to find us," where "us" means "horses in our products."

No comments:

Post a Comment